Wednesday, December 28, 2011

We Three... White Girls

I had the pleasure of spending today with my dear grandparents at their home in St. George.

 Random Inapplicable Side Note That I Don't Want to Forget:  
My grandpa told us his and my grandma's love story... SO CUTE! 
Get this: Jan 1957-First Date, Feb 1957-Engaged, May 1957-Married! 
55 years, 4 missions and 18 grandchildren later, they are still in love and as adorable and wonderful as ever! But seriously, engaged after two weeks of dating??? Come on now!

Anyways....Lucky for me, their Christmas decorations were still up and I got to mosey around the house checking out their dozens of amazing Nativity scenes. My grandparents served in Peru and have several Peruvian-made nativities. They now mean a bit more to me than before and I'm sure that they'll mean even more to me when I see them next year after having spent 3 months amongst the Peruvian people.
As I was perusing through the nativities I found one that I just fell in love with. Particularly the three wise men who came bearing gifts to the sweet Peruvian baby Jesus.
 
Now, don't think me sacrilegious, but upon seeing this, I couldn't help but compare it to Abigail, Brittany and I bearing our gifts to the sweet Peruvian children in Cajamarca.

Can't cha see the resemblance??
 Abigail, Brittany and I have gotten to work on planning, preparing and purchasing things for our upcoming adventure to Peru. We've been gathering up books, school supplies, games, crafts, hygienic supplies ... Anything that we can get our hands on to help the children that we'll be meeting in TWO WEEKS. I feel like with every purchase or every plan made on behalf of these kids, I just love them more and more. I can't wait to meet them and truly fall in love with them.
I know what you're thinking.. " But you don't speak Spanish you crazy girl!!" I know, I know, but I truly don't care. Language and cultural barriers or not, I'm going to love these kids... and learn the language in the meantime.
Oooo I'm just so excited to go and can't believe that it's going to be here before I know it!
I loved this Peruvian Shepherd. We're going to reenact this picture the moment we find a sheep :) k ladies?
Also, in case you were curious, we will not have warm water or a stove in the place we're staying, but we will so have WiFi! So not to worry, blog updates on what we're up to will be posted here straight from Peru! Wahooo! 

   Love, Noelle

1 comment:

  1. Spanish is easy. You'll be fine.

    Also, "Now, don't think me sacrilegious, but upon seeing this, I couldn't help but compare it to Abigail, Brittany and I bearing our gifts to the sweet Peruvian children in Cajamarca."

    Mathew 25:40ish "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethern,..."

    I think it would be fair to Picture Heavenly Father basically the same thing, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these my CHILDREN...

    "ye have done it unto me."

    Estoy tan celoso de ti!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...