Monday, December 12, 2011

Twenty-one Years

Today is my last day as a 20-year-old! For tomorrow I will officially be the age where every other person you meet asks "Now, have you considered going on a mission??"

A while back I found a list of "21 Things You Must Do Before You Turn 21" in a magazine one day.
And since I avidly conform my life to whatever I read in any magazine ( I joke), I decided that I must accomplish this list before the eve of my 21st birthday.

 I was just reminded of the list a few days ago and thought I'd look it up to see how well I've done by the world's standards in my first 21 years.

1. Take a road trip.
Check: I'd consider all my ventures to and from Rexburg as road trips. We also road tripped to AZ a few weeks ago.

2. Learn to play a musical instrument.
Check: I took piano lessons, played the clarinet for 7 years and took a guitar class.

3. Fall asleep under the stars
Check: I've slept out on the trampoline hundreds of times. I've gone camping dozens of times and one time, for our Stake Youth Pioneer Trek, we slept outside on the ground, no tents. I love, love, love sleeping outside.

November 2009: Meteor Shower. 

4. Save $1,000.
Check(hahaha "pun"ny):I loved working at Tiffany's. I loved having an income. I love saving money.
5. Know your grandparents.
Check: I didn't realize how lucky I was to be 21 and still have all four of my grandparents alive and well. And lets' just say that I have some pretty gosh darn amazing grandparents. I love them!

November 2011: Grandma Skousen hard at work
6. Buy a lottery ticket.
We're going to change this to buy tickets to a concert. Check!
July 2009: I treated Natalie and Emily and Myself to a Secondhand Serenade/ Parachute concert for their birthday's!



7.Win an award.
Check: I have a won a number of awards in the past 21 years, but don't really have pictures to document them.
April 2009: I was voted Most Likely to Succeed, Emily was voted Best Dressed

8. Say "I love you."
If family counts than I'm good to go 100 times over
September 2010: Mi Familia whom I LOVE!

9. Learn to drive a stick shift.
Check October 2007: Admittedly, I was reluctant to learn to drive shift, I put it off as long as possible. But now I love it!!!
10. Milk a cow.
October 2011: I'm afraid this is the closest I ever got to a cow in these past 21 years
11. Forgive someone.
 Check :)

August 2009:We had a primary lesson on forgiveness, it hit home.

12. Have your fortune told.
Well... I've made fortune cookies! 

13. Go to a drive-in.
Check: This was one of my favorite dates ever. We met these boys at EFY and then a few months later Em and I were in Utah so we met up with them and they took us out for such a fun night! It ended with my first and only drive-in movie. We watched Hancock. Hated the movie, loved the drive-in. 
July 2008: Double date- John and I, Mitch and Emily

14. Do your own laundry.
Check
October 2009: Dropped my quarter... :)
15. Ride a horse. FAIL
Still on my bucket list :(

16. Donate your formal dresses.
I borrowed all of my formal dresses except this one. I have donated it to the little sisters or any young'un in need of a dress. Do with it what you please ladies! 
April 2008: Junior Prom with Tyler Caldwell
17. See the ocean.
Check: August 2010: I adore the ocean. ADORE.
 
18. Waitress at least once.
2007-2009: I worked at Tiffany's Pies and Subs, it counts.
19. See one thing that is "the world's largest."

20. Leave the country.
Check: I went to Mexico when I was three and Canada when I was eleven.

21. Learn how to love your body.
Check! I feel like it'd be weird to put a picture up for this one, so we're skipping it :)

Welllll.... I don't know about you, but I feel pretty good about these past 21 years. I'm excited for the next 21!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...