Friday, December 9, 2011

Birthday Wishes

I will be twenty-one next week. Woooooo! I've been planning what I want to do for my birthday for the past.... ohhh 365 days or so.

Want to hear what my immpecable plan consists of? Ok :)

5:00 pm-  Roommates and I go out to eat. Costa Vida perhaps?

6:00 pm- Meet up with everyone I know at the Homestead for an hour or so of pure bliss.
Who wouldn't want to spend their birthday here??
7:30 pm- Go to the sled hill with even more people and sled the night away. Followed by hot cocoa and apple cider... and maybe a fireplace, if we can find one.

Oh how I love the snow!!
All of my most favorite things with all of my favorite people!!

I can't even tell you how fantastic this sounds to me!

Unfortunately 'tis just birthday wish-ful thinking.

Here's why:


1. Unfortunately Rexburg doesn't seem to believe in snow this semester. There is no snow on the ground. I can't believe it and have never been so distraught about the weather in my entire life! Where oh where is my beloved snow?? I've been itching to go sledding since our last sledding extravaganza last year, but something tells me that won't be happening. That "something" could possibly be this:
Note the fact that there is NO SNOW in our forecast
2. It's like pulling teeth trying to get people (except dear LeeAnn :) to go to the Homestead (although they always have a lovely time while there). The fact that my birthday is during finals week will not help my plight much I'm afraid. Everyone is very busy, which is understandable, but while going to the Homestead alone is still fun, it's 1000 times funner when I can bring friends... and when I have a ride :)

Sooo while my plan won't work for this year, I had to document it here so as to not forget it. Next year I'll start praying for snow in June. Then perhaps by December we'll have some sled-worthy snow.

Also, it's Friday. Wahoo!

Have a good one,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...