Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The First Noelle

'Tis the season of sleigh-bells, Christmas carols, mistletoe and "Noel" jokes :)

One day I'll write a whole post about my name and how my thoughts about it have changed over the years... but for today, just know that come November/December I LOVE being named Noelle.
Trav (7) and I (5) in our Christmas attire December 1995 
  • I LOVE walking down the aisles of Broulim's or Walmart and hearing Josh Groban belting out a chorus of "Nooooellllllle, Noellllllllllllleee" (Seriously, I love that. Josh Groban singing right to me.)
  • I love sitting in the I-Center, watching the Christmas Devotional only to find out that I'd be enjoying MOTAB beautifully serenade me with "The First Noel"
  • I love walking down the halls of the Taylor building right as religion classes are starting and hearing "The First Noel" being sung in various classrooms.
  • I love being at work with my "Noelle" name tag and getting asked "Do you like being named Noelle? Do people sing to you all the time?"
  • I love walking to class and hearing, "Noelle, Noelleeeee, Nooooeeeeellllle, Noelle" being sung from friends all around trying to get my attention. 
  • I love being in a church meeting singing The First Noel and feeling like everyone is looking at me as soon as we hit the chorus of "Noel"'s (When I look around, I found that indeed there are tons of sets of eyes watching me as if to say, "I wonder if she knows we're singing her name over and over again?")
Noelle and Papa Noel
So in case you were wondering.. I love being sung to. I love hearing "You're MY first Noelle" jokes. I love hymn 213. I love Christmas.

So next time you're singing "The First Noel" don't be surprised if you find yourself thinking of me :)

Love, Noelle

P.S. I'm pretty sure that my life would be complete if the bells on campus played "The First Noel" on my birthday as I walked to class. Lets make this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...