Sunday, November 6, 2011

Guilty as Charged

The other night I was driving home from Idaho Falls with some girls that I didn't know very well. So we all talked about our love lives...naturally :)
It was actually quite sad, all the girls in the car were experiencing what we termed as "forbidden love".

 One girl had her papers in and was excited to serve.. until her best friend of two years announced his love for her. Now she's faced with a huge decision that is giving her quite some grief.

Another girl adored a boy who had broken her heart but was convinced that there was no one better for her out there, but the boy doesn't want anything to do with her.

The other girl loved a boy who had previously asked her to be his girlfriend, but she was scared and said no. Then, when she realized how silly she was being and how much she really like him, she went to him and apologized...but the boy had moved on and didn't want a relationship.

All forbidden loves.

Personally, I was eating all this up. I love hearing love stories (although, I desperately wished that the stories that were told had happier endings) During the car ride, one of the girls looked me in the eye and said, "Noelle, you are a hopeless romantic". Now I had no idea what what being a hopeless romantic entails, but you know what? I probably am one.

After consulting a friend or two, I've been told that a hopeless romantic is: Someone who is in love with love. I think I'm ok with that definition. I love, love, LOVE hearing people's love stories or watching cute love story movies or even just seeing people walking down the street all cute and in love...smitten if you will :)

So if a hopeless romantic is someone who loves things like these...





 Then I am guilty as charged :)

Love, Noelle

2 comments:

  1. Agreed. I am in love with love. You know what is the best part? when you get a love to go with it. my was unconventional - we were best friends who randomly fell in love with each other. It's my favorite story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noelle, I love love love you.. You definitely are a romantic and that is nice.. Nothing at all wrong with that.. I think I fall into that category (if you will) because I love all the things you described.. Course I have found my Prince Charming so no need to look any longer and I know you will find yours someday too.. :=)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...