Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Protesting in Peru... Whaaaaat???

So we just got off the phone with the manager in charge of our expedition to Peru.

Turns out the city we're shipping ourselves off to has been entirely shut down due to "violent protesting"  Buses, schools, businesses, stores.. shut down.
Please note the clubs and swords
Feel free to read that again in case it didn't process correctly the first time.

I wish you could have seen Brittany, Abigail and my faces when Chris was telling us this over speaker phone. Priceless.

I've been doing some research on it, and have found comforting bits of info such as, "Villagers battled police and smashed company offices in the northern Andean region of Cajamarca" and "Violent protests force Peru to suspend Cajamarca gold mine."

Look it up, see whatcha think :)

Are we still going....?

Oh yeah!

The adventure factor just got upped 1300%.

Bring it on Peru. See you in 40 days.


Love, Noelle

2 comments:

  1. I spent like 9 months of my mission in Cajamarca. I love that place! Can you take me with you please?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...