Thursday, November 3, 2011

Bucket List: To Do in Peru

I decided to compile a bucket list of things that I want to do or accomplish during my time in Peru. I'll cross them off and probably blog about them as we go. Feel free to add suggestions :)  I'll post this as one of the tabs on my homepage so you can view it whenever you desire and see my new updates on it!

  • Milk a goat or llama or something of that sort
  • Make homemade ice cream, Peruvian style (do they eat ice cream there??!?!)
  • Plant something and watch it grow for three months
  • Get to the point where I can read and understand my Spanish BOM without any help from my English one
  • Try Guinea Pig
  • Make Guinea Pig Bacon
  • Learn a new crafty Peruvian skill
  • Play soccer
  • Get decent at soccer
  • Ride a large animal for transportation (donkey, llama, elephant...giant guinea pig?)
  • Give away a Spanish BOM
  • Bear my testimony in Sacrament meeting
  • Try as many different fruits and vegi's as possible
  • Take 3,000 pictures :)
  • Obtain a Spanish nickname!
  • Sing in Spanish
  • Go running in Peru
  • Soak up as much sun as possible
  • Go fishing
  • Get sock tan lines
  • Make a new friend
  • Have a Peruvian follower on my blog
  • Visit a temple/temple site
  •  Learn a new quinoa recipe, I hear they're genius with that stuff in Peru (it is an Andean grain after all :)
Fun huh?
I have three dear friends on missions in Peru right now (Ryan Whiteside, Wes Wagner and Heather Lindsey) and I wish I could just call them all up and have them help me add to my list. I'm sure they'd be very insightful.

Love, Noelle

P.S. Here's a fun update! Ms. Brittany Meyer will now be joining Abigail and I on this quest!  Wahooooo!

Brittany and I at 6 am right before our Temple to Temple Relay Race!
  Brittany came over tonight and we discussed some of the logistics of this mighty venture. Let's just say that I am SO excited to go!

    2 comments:

    1. Well I could suggest a couple of things based on the fact that I lived in Peru for 3 years. I don't know where will you be in Peru but I think these are things you can find pretty much all over the country.
      First of all you need to eat picarones, they are a dessert that kind look like donuts but they are delicious.
      Then you also need to eat anticuchos, they are meat on a stick. The meat is cow heart but also is very yummy.
      And the last thing I want to suggest is learning how to play the zampoƱa. It's a musical instrument very typical of Peru. If you have a iPod there's an app by that name so you can practice.
      That's all I can think of at the moment but if I remember more I'll tell you. I just remembered one more thing. Try Inka Kola which is a soda that tastes like bubble gum.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Nice list, but I am sure you realize that you probably won't have time to accomplish most of them. You are going with the desire to serve with full purpose if heart, your greatest accomplishment will be leaving part of it there!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...