Monday, November 28, 2011

Voice Of BYU-Idaho

My voice used to be a touchy subject for me. Some would tell me it was adorable while others would tease me because of how high it is. I used to say that if there was one thing about me that I could change, it’d be my voice.

Keep that in mind as I recount the following story:

A couple weeks ago, my boss approached me at work and said, “Noelle, how would you like to be the voice of BYU-Idaho?”

Me: “I’d love to! …. Wait, what does that even mean?”

Boss: “You’ll be the first voice that is heard whenever anyone, anywhere in the world tries to call BYU-Idaho.”

Me: (thinking of the high-pitched qualities of my voice, and not really thinking before speaking) Brother Degraw, have you heard my voice? It’s obnoxious!

Boss: Haha well we’ve all noticed how well you handle the phone lines and we all agree that you have a great phone voice, so we chose you.

Me: (baffled) Wow thank you! I’d love to!

Can I just say self-esteem boost times 1000?

Thank-you very much, I think I'll keep this voice of mine. It's going to be famous!

Love, Noelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...