Monday, November 28, 2011

Can't We Just Rollerblade to Arizona?

Tuesday: 2pm-2am
Wednesday: 10am-5pm
Saturday: 6pm-2am
Sunday: 1pm-1am

I spent roughly 36 hours in a car this past week.

Have I ever told you how much traveling in a car deeply frightens me? I'm almost certain that I'm destined to be invoved in a gruesome car accident at one point in my life. It's times like these when I wished I lived during the days of horse and buggy. I'm a fan of biking, walking, and rollerblading. Unfortunately, none of those were very realistic means of transportaion from Rexburg to Mesa, AZ.

Either way, I spent way too much time in a car this week.

However, being the Thanksgiving season, this did lead me to two realizations:

1. I am so grateful I don't get carsick.
2. I am grateful for seatbelts.
My "Jellybean", I bought this car before I even got my license and drove it all through high school. How I loved it!
August 2010: I'm surprised I found a picture of me in the drivers seat!
This is Taryn. One fantastic driver that I completely and totally trust my life with! She's the only reason I went anywhere in high school :)

Allow me to expound on realization number 2.

I get frantic when I'm not wearing a seat belt. I assume that in that ten seconds that I'm not buckled up, we will surely get in a wreck and I will surely be ejected from the car and I will surely not be a happy camper after that.
Apparently my love for seat belts is a recent development. This was Thanksgiving break two years ago...

I think that growing up in a small town made me naive to the dangers of the road. Now that I know what can happen, I'm completely paranoid.
 
But for today, I'm grateful to be back in Rexburg after 36 ours of very limited car trouble, no dramatic car ejections, and after having listened to the Sunday morning session of General Conference played on repeat over and over again. (Brandon, for Christmas, I'm putting the other sessions on your i-pod for you :) I'm pretty sure that we have "Love Her Mother" memorized by now)

Stay tuned for a blog post explaining why I spent 36 hours in a car, and what I did this fabulous Thanksgiving break!

Love, Noelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...