Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wedding Plans

It's a given that I'm a hopeless romantic. I love love-stories. Love, love, love! That much has already been discovered here, here and here.

Given that fun little fact, you'd think that I'd be the kind of girl who has had her wedding planned since she could say, "Babysbreath".

Quite the contrary my dear friends. Quite the contrary.

I think it's safe to say that while I simply adore love ... weddings/wedding planning is not my favorite cup of tea. Especially when it comes to my own.

I don't care what kind of flowers I have.
I don't care if it's in a cultural hall.
I don't care if the ties are perfectly periwinkle or just the right shade of burgandy.
I don't care if we eat Slim Jims and drink Tang. 

It just doesn't matter to me! 
Is that weird?

>> To those of you who are now happily married, were any of you like this when you were single too? Did it change when you got engaged? I keep trying to convince myself that when that day comes, I will probably care a bit more about all those details, but I sure as darn don't think I'll give it too much time, trouble or thought. I'm honestly hoping that between my mom, three little sisters and 4 sister-in-laws (hopefully there are 4 by then ;) , I won't have to fuss about much and they'll just run the show.

To prove my point even further... try not to cringe as I disclose some of my more recent wedding ideas.

The Bridesmaid Dresses:

My brother is getting married next month, so my mom has been hard at work matching, sewing, fitting and creating beautiful bridesmaid dresses for us sisters for the wedding.

That got me thinking...

How cool would it be if each of my bridesmaid's wore one of my MuMu's?!?! If you don't know about my MuMu collection/obsession click here or here.




I'm hoping by then I will have oh... at least 10! And then all my sisters/girl friends will come sporting either one of mine, or one of their own MuMu's. Oh my gosh. I love it. Can you even imagine? I can. I'm dying over it! So all you cute girl friends of mine, start rummaging grandma's closet and hittin' up DI's, find yourself that PERFECT MuMu for my wedding ;)

Flowers:

I've always loved calla lilies. I think that they are so gorgeous. However, I've thought of another "flower" that I have been obsessed with for quite some time. My pinterest board is covered in them. I say "flower" with quotes around it because... well it's more of a weed than a flower to be honest.

I love dandelions!

Mainly because of dandelion wishes. I love the idea of wishing on things and dandelions happen to be my favorite thing to wish on! So why not have a bouquet of dandelions?

You haven't even heard the best part yet!! Instead of tossing the bouquet (which could end badly as you can imagine...) I'll have all the single ladies gather round next to me and on the count of three we'll all blow on the bouquet whist making a wish!

So how does one go about making a bouquet of dandelions? Bridgette (my roommate) and I are determined to spend a day conquering this quest. We're thinking that we could delicately hairspray them so that the sweet little seeds stay intact throughout the wedding, and we're thinking that some sort of glitter action would be cool too.

Oh my, I better stop here. This is getting out of control.
None of you better hold me to these ideas, because like I said, I'm kind of counting on my mom and sisters to take care of most of the details . . . but until then... it's all about the dandelions and mumus :)


2 comments:

  1. I've got to tell you, when it came to my wedding, I just didn't care. I cared about my groom, that we married in the temple and a little about my dress. Everything else was a headache. Looking back 10 years later, I wish I had cared a little bit more, but oh well. I still have my perfect groom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like the mumu idea should have come from 27 dresses.....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...