Monday, July 9, 2012

Socializing Gets You Places

Once upon a time, I moved to this place called Riverton. Given the fact that I have a nearly debilitating need for constant social interaction, I got involved in everything I possibly could, right away. If I knew there was something going on where I'd be able to talk to people (who spoke English no less) I was on it!

So on my second Sunday in the area, I made my way to ward prayer where Bridgette said the following, "Hey, you should go to Capitol Reef with us!"  Not having any idea what this was or what this meant, or who "us" entailed, only hearing an invitation, I said yes whole heartedly!

Turns out  Capitol Reef was a state park down south (in Utah) where people went to go camping and "us" entailed several individuals in our YSA ward.

So I signed up, and a few weeks later I found myself in Capitol Reef with some rather lovely people who I was excited to get to know better!

I got there Friday evening and had to leave Sunday evening. Most people came a bit earlier and left on Monday, but I couldn't miss work. In those two days that I was there, the fun that was had was endless!

It had been a while since I had gone camping, so it felt great to be back in that "tin-foil dinner, sittin' under the stars, smelling like smoke and hot dogs, my-hair's-so-greasy-it-could-catch-fire-any-second" environment.  I love waking up in a tent to the sound of birds and old people, I love spending the whole day outside and I love not having to fuss about hair and makeup.  I love hiking around new places and exploring the unknown. Most of all, I love being in good  company and observing those around me.


Here are a few of my favorite photos from my weekend at Capitol Reef:



Beginning our Saturday morning hike


It was soo cold in the mornings, so we laid in the sunny spot in the road to try and warm up

Nothing like sittin' back in sweats after a grueling day of  fruit snacks and faulty feet!



I think I got dehydrated because my hands started to feel super funny. Lucky for me I was with a bunch of smarty pants who instructed me to keep my hands in the air and wrap wet bandanas around my wrists. It worked!

Monkey Faces!
Overall, it was such a fun trip and I'm so glad I got to go! The food was fabulous, the company divine, and the weather was pretty cooperative as well.

Love, Noelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...