Friday, October 7, 2011

Investments

I've been thinking a lot about investments lately. What is an investment? What does it mean to invest in something? How does it correlate with potential, devotion, time?

RFAM: One of my very favorite movies is Confessions of a Shopaholic. I think that I could watch this movie everyday for the rest of my life and it'd never get old.
This is the character in question, Luke Brandon. What an amazing name. His real name is Hugh Dancy. Also a fabulous name.  Gosh isn't he adorable?

So in this movie, Luke Brandon (see above) asks Rebecca Bloomwood what he thinks of him as a person, as an investment. She told him quite frankly that as an investment, he stinks. A marriage investment that is.


Well, the other day I had a dream in which I was chatting with a friend.. a very honest friend, who in not so many words told me that as an investment, I pretty much stink.  I was taken back, but let him/her explain themselves. They told me that I was a great girl: fun, outgoing, nice yada, yada... but with my up-and-coming adventures to Peru and my internship in Utah (mainly the fact that I won't be in Rexburg til next Fall)  put a complete hold on any chance I have on getting married. Who would want to try and get to know someone who's leaving the continent and not coming back to Rexburg for quite some time? Why would someone invest the time in me right now? In my mind I was thinking, ok that's fine, I don't mind not getting married the second I turn 21, I can wait. 

Don't worry, this gets better...(sarcasm)

 I was then told that as soon as I get back to Rexburg I would be career-driven and completely intimidating to any and every man I come in contact with. Pretty much my adventures and age would scare them off and that I'd be destined to live my life as a workaholic with a cat, a blog and lots of money. I should probably walk around with a name tag that says: 

Noelle Rust- Not a Good Investment.

Depressing huh?
Good thing it was just a dream, because I've got other plans in mind.



That's all I have to say about that.

Love, Noelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...