Thursday, October 20, 2011

AwesomeAndAwkward: Work Edition

Heads up: I work at the Lost and Found Desk on campus
The following occur at my place of employment

awkward: the sweetheart of a boy who scours the campus for odds and ends to bring into the lost and found. usually they're bobbypins (which we throw away..shhh)
 
awesome: working every friday night, but not even being bummed about it because i get to work with Timber and Lyndi.

awkward: arriving to work after a grueling aerobics class... ehhhh

awesome: being able to blog and blogstalk while at work

awkward: the boy who comes in asking if we've found his swimsuit... a gold speedo

awesome: working with the greatest people ever

awkward: the poor boy who doesn't believe that we don't have his "black luminous sunglasses with two stripes down each side and lenses that are so reflective that they could serve dual purpose as mirrors." we've looked sir. you've looked. we don't have them. keep checking :)

awesome: the sheer joy etched on the faces of those who have been reunited with objects of utmost value to them.
 
awkward: the girl who comes by during every passing period to check if we've refilled our candy dish yet. can't say that I blame her :)



        Brief Photo Poll Intermission 
awkward or awesome? you be the judge.





 awesome: having one job that allows me to switch between three different desks/offices
 

awkward: a lost and found employee losing more stuff than the average BYU-I student.... whoops :)

awesome: the lost and found sale. seriously next friday 12-2. be there.
 
awkward: sitting at work and having a stranger (boy) serenade me with his guitar. as soon as he left, my boss simply says, "Precious" then walks away laughing


awesome: when friends stop by and chat 
 
awkward: having to figure out what to say when the following conversation transpires, (it happens at least once a week) :

me: how can i help you? boy (of which I've never before met) i've lost something and was hoping you could help me find it. me: sure, what did you lose? boy: you're phone number      
i've yet to figure out a clever response to this, any suggestions would be most appreciated.

In any case, I looove my job. the awkward parts, the awesome parts. I love it all.
Good Night!


Love, Noelle

P.S. Hitch on a Thursday Night... awesome

4 comments:

  1. You are just awesome Noelle :)
    http://halloweenforbreakfast.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love our jobs! never a dull moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noelle all of that made me so happy. I think I will follow your blog more :) and if you so wish you can follow my American Foundations one!.... ha nah! I don't even follow it ha well love you and you're great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL that post made my day. They were all really funny but some made me literally laugh out loud.
    You have a great gift of writing! Keep it up. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...