Thursday, July 14, 2011

I Dream of .... Finals?

President Kim B.Clark (President of BYU-ID): 
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
"Students, you've spent this semester studying and preparing for this upcoming finals week. And you've spent your whole lives preparing and studying for the second coming. Well, lucky for you, we're combining the two events and your "Finals week" will actually literally be your FINAL week on earth. Surprise, the second coming is here! Hope you're ready for this."

Ok, so this was said over the pulpit during devotional...in my dream last week :) Let me reiterate that for just one second, just so there's no confusion. This was a dream. President Clark said no such thing.

 And that's when the bombing/earth-quaking/fires began. It was all pretty exciting to tell you the truth. Trucks were lighting up and floating in the sky (Kind of like a dark mark/Harry Potter type of thing), there was loud noises, bombs exploding everywhere and lots and lots of shaking (I later found out that my roommates were in my room shaking my mattress that night, which only added to the madness I was experiencing in my dream. Bad roommates. Bad, bad roommates.)
These are the two little stinkers that were provoking me during my slumber.
It made me think about which "Finals Week" I'm spending more time and energy preparing for. We are all sooo swamped with tests, projects, presentations, trying to fill blog post quotas :) etc.  We're putting in long hours and hard work to make sure that we are confident and prepared for finals next week. It's exactly what we're supposed to be doing.

What kind of effort are we putting in to make sure that we are confident and prepared for our actual Final Week?

Just something to think about, Good luck with finals!

Love, Noelle

P.S. I'd also like to note that I just had a really great day today. Super great. I'm a happy camper :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...