Wednesday, July 6, 2011

"Baby You're a Firework"

This is a blog post simply to say that I am too busy to blog! The end of the semester chaos is upon us already I'm afraid. The fact that I had a jam packed 4-day weekend does not help the situation either (Had lots of fun and got NO homework done) Alas, enjoy the following pictures from my lovely 4th of July weekend:

My mom and dad and sisters came up on Friday afternoon
After they arrived, they quickly scoured my closet and each picked out one of my shirts to wear for the day, not bad eh?

We attempted rollerblading around town, and saw much of this :)

And my dear ol dad was able to save my bike and got it up and working again. Thanks for the tools Kyle!!

We finished off the night at Sammy's where I introduced the rest of the Rust's to my favorite dessert Pie-shakes (actually, i decided I don't really like them anymore, go figure) and we enjoyed our favorite band, Harper's Harping, rock out.
We were all about Rigby lake on Saturday, the weather was perfect!

Glenn Beck paid us a visit... no big deal

We watched the fireworks in Driggs that night. Best. show. EVER!!!

Sunday was the GREATEST! I had the possession of the car :) Something I haven't had in AGES

After  some incredible meetings, we headed off to Grandma Foster's in Ashton where we reunited with our beloved Boltons.

And ate the most delicious food!

We brought along Abigail, Blake and Colleen

Photo courtesy of Ally Bolton :)

I couldn't believe how big Daniel had gotten!

We all had a great time... some perhaps a little  more so than the others ;)

After stuffing ourselves in Ashton, we came back to Uncle Kevin's in Sugar City and bee lined to the freezer

And there was much rejoicing

Monday morning started off with the parade, a walk in the park and duck feeding at Nature park

I don't have pictures from the next part of the day, but we went to Uncle Kevins and had the most amazing bbq ever. Brats (sp?) with mushrooms onions and peppers, hamburgers the size of my face, watermelon, dutch oven bean deliciousness and much more. Oh. my. goodness. SO Good. And then we (or at least I) fell asleep (or perhaps a food coma) on Uncle Kevin's floor and slept until the family left. They dropped me off in Idaho Falls while they continued to home.
I met up with these lovelies at the temple

And this lovely as well. We also went to ANOTHER BBQ in Idaho Falls and had more yummy food!

And then it was firework time. Look close and you can see the cutest construction worker couple that sat in front of us. I love them!
After the firework show we sat on the street corner and played with sparklers!

And then we got really tired and slept while the boys got the other fireworks ready.. ok this is totally staged, we didn't sleep :)

And then we enjoyed fireworks round two. We got home at about 2 am due to traffic. 

Pretty much it was a great weekend and holy cow, the Fourth of July is my new favorite holiday. Seriously BBQ's and Fireworks (I have a new found LOVELOVELOVE for fireworks!(Katy Perry may or may not have soemthing to do with this)) and Family and America, does it get any better than that? Probably not. Except for the fact that I probably consumed enough calories to last me ... oh at least the rest of my life... but it was worth it, and running starts back up.. right now!

Hope you all had a happy 4th as well!

Love, Noelle
P.S. This post took me way longer than I expected, oh well :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...