Wednesday, May 18, 2011

So Long Sweets

It's finally happened ladies and gentleman. I have done something that I have never, ever ventured out to do. I have vowed to give up all desserts for one week! I know, I know, one week, sounds like nothing right? Hear me out ok?
Sweets are everywhere up here. Everywhere! Especially since I'm involved in several different organizations in which we have meetings quite often. There are ALWAYS desserts at these meetings. Good ones too. Also, I live in an apartment complex with 300+ young adult women who are faithfully working on becoming the best future homemakers that they possibly can, especially when it comes to filling up the cookie jar. Sunday afternoons are the worst. EVERYONE bakes. My apartment is right in the exact center of the entire complex. Dead center. And I swear that every lovely aroma within one square mile of my apartment wafts it's way right into our apartment.

Just last week my neighbors (well my two-doors-down neighbors) baked up these lovelies and brought me some!
Also, this past Monday night we went to the Herbert's for FHE and Sister Herbert spoiled us with Jello Cake, Peach Torte, and a Chocolate Vanilla Pudding Deliciousness something. I had all three :) And was SO sick afterwards, but oh so happy. But that made me realize that I needed to exercise a bit more self control.
Anyways, Claire, Andrea, Kim and I are doing this together. No desserts for one week. Then I think I'm going to go get me a pie shake from Sammy's, cause I'm IN LOVE with those, and then start back up on our dessert free life for perhaps another two weeks. And then three weeks etc. etc.
This is my only exception. If I get offered one of these bad boys while on my dessert fast, there's no stopping me!
We'll be sugar-free in no time! Wish us luck!

5 comments:

  1. I have to do sugar-free, I was diagnosed with pre diabetes last fall and was told I couldn't have sugar or many carbs and it broke my heart. But the results were amazing! I lost weight, and all my blood levels were perfect! It was so super hard at first but after a while your body stops craving sugary sweets. :) good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you and your entire apartment! I did a no-sweets-week my first semester and it about killed me. My roommates would all work against me now if I tried to do it :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. One word of advice if you want to make it the whole week: don't reread this blog. It made me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm going to bring you some mint oreo cookies! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...