Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Claire, Cider and Celebrations!!

One day last semester, Claire brought home a little bottle of sparkling cider. She put it under her bed and told me that when we had something really good to celebrate, we would run back to our bedroom, grab the bottle, open it up and celebrate like crazy with our sparkling cider.  This was at a time when we were both single and jobless, so at least in my mind, some possible celebratory moments would be that of acquiring a job, or a boyfriend .... something a long those lines. Well since that time, neither of us got a job. We both however were in steady relationships, yet even in that process we never once broke out the celebratory cider.

In that time, where we seemed to have had nothing great enough to celebrate, Claire came across a second bottle of cider. So now we had two, and we knew that when we did have something to celebrate, it had to be good. So the bottles sat in our room. And sat. And sat. And sat. For a really long time. Until....
Wahoo for sparkling cider and $1.50 D.I. MuMu's :)
Last Sunday, Claire and I celebrated. We broke out the bottles, opened them up, and each guzzled down our own as we laughed and cried and talked the night away on Claire's bed.
Probably not the most flattering pictures, but since I had them, I figured they should go up.


What did we finally decide was worth our celebration you ask? Well, we were both still jobless. Neither of us were still in a relationship, and nothing really new and exciting was going on in our lives. But we celebrated anyways.
At first it was kind of depressing as we thought about how we had nothing to celebrate. However, as I sat in my room with my Claire I felt so grateful to have such a fabulous girl for a roommate. That right there was worth celebrating, and things only went up from there. I realized how silly I was being for thinking that I had nothing to be happy about. I have SO much to be happy and grateful for. And SO much to celebrate. I once read This Post  where I found the suggestion to make a list of ten things you're grateful for on days where things aren't going so well, or anyday for that matter.

So here's my ten for today.
1. The sun. I saw it today. I basked in it today. It made me happy today.
2. My aerobics class. I seriously can't get enough of it.
3. Brandon Michael Rust. He sent me a new battery for my laptop and now it can actually be portable, wahoo!
4. Daniel and Travis Rust. I'm really, really grateful to have brothers up here at school with me. REALLY grateful.
5. My health. I am blessed.
6. My calling. It has been the highlight of my semester. I love the things I have learned and experience because of it.
7. Water Bottles. I just bought one, and I totally wouldn't ever drink water if I didn't have it handy. It keeps me hydrated.
8. FAFSA. Enough said.
9. Tennis. My front yard consists of nothing but tennis courts. Gonzaga!
10. Push ups. I just think it's a fabulous exercise. And it's exciting when you can get your numbers up!

And pretty much life is just way too good to me, but I like it that way :)




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for starting my day off with a smile and gratitude! Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post Noelle! Don't ever drink okay! I'm a little scared of what those pictures will look like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll give a shout out to your 1.50 mumu too...cuz it's dang cute!
    love the blog noelle...haha Hope rexburg is treating you fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...