Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sisters, Snuggies, Sushi and SUMMER

I've been home in Nevada for a little over a week now. Let's just say that I'm loving it. I love being home! The 6-week summer break is the only time I ever move home during the year, and it's just for a few weeks. I visit for a couple days during Thanksgiving, Christmas and Spring Break, but that's about it.

I'm a Junior in college now, so I'm realizing that my summer-times spent at home are numbered. I'll be graduated and living who knows where doing who knows what in no time!

Enough dwelling on that. I have had a fabulous time at home and it's only been 8 days so far. Here's a few little things that have made it great!

I get to play with these love buttons and all of their awesome siblings!

I get to be apart of moments like these where Lindsey and Hannah can't stop laughing at ordinary things Natalie is doing (ha you had to be there)

I get to have lunch and play with some of the greatest people I know!

I have time to read whatever I want. Bonus points if you can guess the book!

I hardly ever have to drive, Natalie and Taryn have taken care of that for me :)
And soooo much more. Don't even get me started on the food!




SUSHI NIGHT!
Apparently Sunday night is Sushi Night (New family tradition I wasn't fully aware of). Anyways, we all gathered in the kitchen and got to work on rolling dozens of different sushi rolls. The possibilities were endless. Dad would assign us one to make and then we'd give it to him to cut up and set aside so that we could eat them all together.
 When we had made 12 or so different rolls, we tried them out, one roll at a time. Mom would read us off the ingredients in each one and tell us who made it, then we'd discuss whether we liked it and if it was a keeper or if it was a dud. If it was a good one, we'd then name it. Some of the names included The Jazz Combo (in honor of Daniel),  The Valedictorian (in Honor of myself), The Vegas Roll, The Watchdog... ha and many others that I can't quite recall.

(See my newest facebook album for more pictures of our Sushistraveganza!)

It was sooo much fun! Making them and eating them and naming them. I looove Sushi night! We seriously made sooo much and ate way too much, but I loved every minute of it!

So yes, being home has been so, so good so far. It's nice to be with the family again, although I sure do miss having Travis live just around the corner and I dearly miss having Brandon here with us, and I'd give my eye teeth to have Derrick, Brittney and Molly live close by. Lucky for me those missing five will all be here in just a few weeks for our second annual Jared Rust Family Reunion. YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!

Love, Noelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...