Monday, August 15, 2011

"I Can Tell That We Are Gonna Be Friends"

About a year ago, when I found out my new roommate was going to be some girl named Claire Ruth Salmon.We became facebook friends and that day I wrote the following on her wall:
So it looks like you'll be living with me...

Uhhh, we're going to have to go over some ground rules so that no toes are stepped on and no lines are crossed.

No music will be aloud in my apartment.
...No talk of marriage or small children.
No laughing too loud, and no chick flicks.
NO baking any thing that contains more than 45 calories per serving.

Message me if you have any questions.

OH MY GOSH Claire, I am SO Just kidding! Hahaha I hope I didn't scare you too bad, but I'm totally curious as to what your reaction to that was :) I promise I'm not an evil, grumpy psycho! I'm so excited to live with ya, I absolutely love the name Claire and have planned on naming my first daughter that for as long as I can remember, but we can say I named her after you :) And I adore Salmon! And Hannah Salmon! I have a feeling we'll get along beautifully!
I seriously knew that we were going to be great friends even before I had even met this girl. Lo and behold: We are the greatest of friends!!

So when I first started this blog, I told Claire that my number one goal for this blog is to mention Claire in every single post. I did pretty good with this for the first couple posts, but as the posts kept coming I kept forgetting and Claire would nonchalantly remind me that I was FAILING at my goal. And indeed, I have ultimately failed at that goal. So to make up for it, here is an entire post dedicated to mine and Claire's relationship. We haven't even known each other a whole year, but I swear we've been best friends for life. Take a gander at the following pictures and judge for yourself :)
Night on the Town for Shae's Bachelorette Party

Craigo's in December

Noelle turns 20

Any phrase that starts "I'll race you to..." Always Turns into a hallway disaster

Cross Country Skiing at 7 am on a Saturday. Crazy fun.

Harry Potter 7 Part one Midnight Premier

D.I Dress Shopping

"Hovering" at tennis

Home made Pie Shakes and Homemade Pie-staches

Reading and Journal writing outside before Devo

Homemade Lasagna

Rollerblading

Walking to Church

HALLOWEEN and caramel apples!

Banana Muffins and Sunday afternoons at Southgate


Crashing on Couches

Sledding. All day Every day.

Being harassed by the boys

Having a blast with these boys

Rocking out with Ila and our other Homestead-ers

Attending Culture Night

Water Fights!

Cooking Up Sunday Dinners

Watching Baseball Games

Dancing in the streets on a volunteer basis

Eating Ahmish Bread with Cheese

Going out to Woo the Fine Gentleman of Rexburg

Whipping up scrumptious desserts the likes of which you've only glimpsed here

Roasting Chili Peppers

Looking lovely after work outs

Eating European Chocolate

Considering the Important things in Life

TENNIS AND ROLLERBLADING!

Red Robbining

Being on  a sugar-free diet together and hating it


Cheering at games

Attending FHE at the Herberts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...