Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Operating Heavy Machinery

Does this count as heavy machinery?
This is the beauty I learned to skillfully maneuver today.
Growing up with four big brothers got this girl out of ever learning the necessary art of lawn mowing... until today.

After a brief, "flip this switch, pull this stringy thing, unflip the switch and push" lesson, I was well on my way. I wouldn't exactly say that I find lawn mowing terribly enjoyable, but hey, it wasn't too bad at all. And best of all, I can add "lawn mowing" to my ever-growing (oh so slowly, but surely) list of useful skills.
I quickly grew weary of having straight lines and decided to add some pizazz to mine. Tangent: I just love our cute, little, red chicken coop seen on the right. It is currently chicken-less due to our recent move, but it'll be filled back up before you know it!

I'm actually kind excited for the grass to grow out so that I can practice a bit more and mow some cool design in the yard. That's about as artistic as I get... lines in grass. Oh, and I may have even gotten a little bit tan and been able to bask in the glorious smell of fresh cut grass while accomplishing this task. New favorite chore? Possibly.

On another semi-related-but-not-entirely note, I drove into St. George the other day, woooo!

Truth be told, I greatly disliked driving into St.George.

Sure I like to drive.
I like to drive down Moapa Valley Boulevard, going 55 mph and counting the cows and horses as I pass them.
I like to drive down the back roads in Logandale, discovering new streets and houses back there that I never even knew about.
I like calm Sunday drives and short drives to the store or the high school.

I am not a fan of the freeway.

It could be the fact that I haven't driven on it in over 4 years...whoops. It could be that I'm terrified of being in another car accident, or worse, causing a car accident. It could be that I'm not an aggressive driver and would be more than happy driving in the slow lane the entire duration of the trip. It could be that semis make me want to cry. Whatever it is, I've got to get over it!

If I'm going to get anywhere in life, I've got to know how to drive in the real world. Growing up in a small town and moving to go to school in an even smaller town (with out a car) didn't really help me out too much in that aspect, but I'm pretty determined to get my car driving capabilities up to that of my impeccable lawn mowing skills :) Wish me luck!

Love, Noelle

P.S. Only two more days til Derrick, Brittney and Molly get here! Yeaaaaaaah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...