Saturday, June 4, 2011

"Where My Kids at? Where My Kids at?"

 
So...today I was thinking about one of my GREATEST memories today.
 The summer right after I graduated high school and right before I left for college, I had the opportunity to be the CTR 6 Primary teacher.

 These were the three lovely ladies that I taught. Elise,Kyra and Ally. Each Sunday was an adventure for sure :) SUCH a great adventure. I found some pictures I took during our time together, and I just HAD to post them. So I picked some of my favorites, enjoy :)
This one reminds me of Claire :)

Haha this was a lesson on holding grudges and forgiveness

This was during a lesson about Missionary work. We role-played King Lamoni (Ally) and Ammon (Elise)


Missionaries!
 
So pretty much, I totally miss being in the primary and being able to see all these awesome little kids whenever I want. I'm sure Rexburg has tons of little kids hidden somewhere in married housing and what not, but I haven't been able to find too many.

However, last semester Holly Garlick and I discovered one way to semi-fill this void in our lives.
Every Tuesday morning from 8-10 we had the opportunity to volunteer at the Rexburg Government Funded Preschool. 
BEST two hours of my week pretty much. I wish I had pictures to show you how adorable these kids were, but unfortunately we weren't allowed to take any. Julissa, Adelaide, Yurie and Jackson were the names of some of my favorites. We got to have dance-time with them, play out in the snow, read books, listen to the lessons, and much more with them every morning. It was such a good experience. If you're in Rexburg and you need volunteer hours or you just miss playing with little kids, look this up, you won't regret it :)

Me and Molly!
 And what kind of Aunt would I be if I wrote a post about little kids and didn't even put up a picture of my most favorite young'un ever!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...