Sunday, June 5, 2011

LDS Women Are Incredible!

That is the title of one of the conference articles I read this week.
(Apparently, one of the perks of being the relief society president is that you get your very own copy of the Ensign each month, yeahhhh!) I've been loving reading my conference edition this past month and having it all to myself to mark up and write in.  I find that if I take it to the gym and hop on the elliptical or a stationary bike, the time passes so quickly when I'm reading, it's so nice!

Anyways I've been thinking a lot about this talk, "LDS Women are Incredible!" by Elder Cook, especially today during my meetings. We had a great fast and testimony meeting today. So many incredible people got up and bore sweet testimony of their savior and of the gospel. I was especially touched by some of the things said by the women in our ward. As I listened to them speak I couldn't help but think, wow I am so fortunate to be surrounded by such inspiring, young women.

Then in relief society, I had the opportunity to teach the lesson. As I got up to stand before the sisters in my relief society that I have gotten to know through the years and even more so this semester, I couldn't help but feel in awe of how special and wonderful each of those sisters are.
As I watch them interact with each other, not only on Sunday's, but throughout the week as well I learn so much. In his talk, Elder Cook talks about being able to "observe the quiet example of a young lady living the gospel." I feel like I get to do that every single day, at home, at school, everywhere I go!

So pretty much I just want to second Elder Cooks declaration of, "LDS women are incredible!" But particularlly those in the BYU-I 31st Ward Relief Society 2 :) But maybe I'm a little biased...

The following are pictures from some of our various Relief Society activities this semester. Maybe they'll give you a glimpse of just how amazing these ladies are.
Relief Society "Girls Night"

Christine, Careshmeh, Sherilbug and Leslie at our opening activity

Andrea, Claire, Kim, Kaitlyn, Celisse, Leslie and I

Relief Society going away party for Steve

Indexing/Family History Lunch

We all made and ate dishes from our ancestry. Yum!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...