Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What Are You Eating?! | ABC Food


I get that question quite a bit believe it or not. My poor roommates have had to endure all sorts of sights and smells that come from the kitchen when I'm preparing my daily substance.

It's mainly because I have a theory:

"If I like Food A and I like Food B, and I like Food C, I will most definitely like Food ABC."

I have tried and tested that theory countless times, and have yet to prove it wrong.

I also only prepare food for myself that is relatively-
                                                                             1. Cheap 
                                                                             2. Healthy 
                                                                             3. Quick and Easy.

Those are my main stipulations and I've been able to stick to them pretty well. I'm a $10 a week on groceries kind of girl. That being the case...I've come up with some pretty crazy concoctions (ask my roommates, they will testify). I like to keep my meals simple, cheap and not loaded with fat or sugar.

Tonight's dinner was a perfect example of this and my theory. Observe:

Food A | Peach Pineapple Chipotle Salsa
FREE: Left over from my work off-site cabin trip
 Food B | Guacamole
FREE: Raided from my parent's fridge
 Food C | Tuna 
59cents 
So I combined 3 foods that I simply adore and made....

Food ABC

And I ate it with chips (which I also got for free)
And I ate every bite and loved every bite and was sad when I ate the last bite. But I was out of tuna and couldn't make more... So I swapped out Food C (Tuna) for a new Food C: Swiss Cheese!
And I made Nachos!
So there you have it. My cheap, quick/easy and relatively healthy ABC food meal.

And I really, really liked it... so I had to document it so that I can remember it and for sure make it again. Mmmm!

Love, Noelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...