Sunday, June 17, 2012

Attack of the Misses

 Oh my gosh you guys.

Don't ever go through all your old pictures when you have just moved to a new place, with a new job, all new friends and absolutely nothing familiar. (Well I guess I've been here for over a month, and I do like it here, and I don't feel like "the new girl" anymore, but my roots aren't in very deep yet)

You know how awful it is to miss something don't you? Of course you do, we all do.
It all started with Peru. It always does.

I miss everything about Peru. I miss my ninos. I miss the crowded combis and dirty micros. I miss the kind, amazing examples of Liz and Miguel, I miss having a little brother Aleksi. I miss going to Mamitas for lunch and going on bike rides and hikes in the mornings. I miss coming down the hill into work late, and having dozens of beautiful Peruvian children rushing up the hill to greet me with a warm hug and kiss on the cheek. I miss having those same kids throw rocks at my window and yell out my name as they pounded on our door, begging us to come down and play with them.
I miss the food, tummy-aches and all. I miss the struggle of learning the language and the laughs that came when trying to communicate. I miss the sweet spirit that was felt in our little branch. I miss the cheap fruit and fresh bread. I miss Breet and Abi. I miss my friends, my peruvian family.

I miss it so much that it hurts. I don't think I've ever been as happy as I was while in Peru. Bliss. Joy. Love. It was so backwardsly perfect. And now I've got myself frustrated. Why did I go? Why did I let myself fall in love with the culture, the people, everything about Peru?  Why did I let myself get so attached to those sweet, beautiful children? Why aren't I there right now, reading to them? Playing Simon says with them?  You get the point. I'm dying over here, missing the life I left behind. SO, SO badly.

So I think to myself, ok Noelle. Don't dwell on this. Happy thoughts. So I start to go through older pictures. And I begin to see pictures like this ...














And as if missing Peru wasn't enough... the waterworks are surely in full force after 20 minutes of perusing through pictures like these. Pictures STUFFED to the brim with misses that I dearly and truly miss!

Oh how I love these ladies!

Love, Noelle

2 comments:

  1. Noelle... Liz,Miguel, and especially I miss you sooo very much. It hasn't been the same since you, Abi, and Breet left our house :( I always think to myself.. there is something missing and that something missing is what you, Abi, And Breet brought into our lives (Love,Laughter,and your spirits) and I also miss having three sisters to boss me around hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is made up of broken hearts of one kind or another. I shed a few tears for you as I read this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...