Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I'm Getting Paid for This??


It's a Wednesday morning, round 11:00.

I have 15 wild animals  staring at me from the wall, the floor, the mantle.
I have a pack of peanut butter M&M's and the promise of a magical home cooked lunch in the next hour.
I have access to every type of soda, candy, cookie and snack that you could possibly imagine.
I am in jeans, an Inca Cola t-shirt, barefoot and curled up on a couch listening to a bunch of runners hash out the best type of running shoe.
Later tonight, after a  steak dinner, I'll return to my very own hotel room where I'll carefully consider which  of the two queen sized beds I'd like to fall asleep in tonight.

Where am I you ask?

I'm at work.

And this has been and will be my routine everyday this week.
Oh, I could get used to this.

Ok, ok so it's not all fun and games , here's the lowdown.

I have the best internship ever. I get to do things, meet people and attend meetings and events that no other intern gets to. Instead of working in one little segment of the portfolio, I work with the entire  management team for my portfolio.

So this week, the management team is  spending the week offsite in Heber, Utah at an amazing cabin in the mountains. So even though we are eating way too much and way too deliciously, we  are indeed working. There are a total of anywhere from 12-15 people here everyday. Me, Julie  and Kazua are the only three women and instead of sleeping in the cabin, we get to head down the mountain every night and stay in  our very own (double bedded ) hotel  rooms.
          
           I am indeed the youngest here (I 'm guessing the average age is about 40… but I'm not sure), but it has been so fun  to get to know these guys! They are spending this time out of the office to make all their plans and  budget allocations  for the year 2013. This is heavy duty stuff and these guys are working hard, all day and all night. And I get to observe it all.

I'm learning so much, strengthening relationships with those I work with and finding out a little more about myself. 

Pretty cool eh?

Love, Noelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...