Sunday, January 8, 2012

BYU-Idaho: Chamber of Secrets

Seeing as I won't be returning to Rexburg for quite sometime (can you hear my heart-breaking?? Cause it is) I decided to make a list of things that I've discovered in the past 7 semesters that have made my time in Rexburg oh so incredibly enjoyable. If you or someone you know is going to school here, feel free to check out some of the lesser known, yet wonderful things that BYU-I has to offer. I've loved every single one of these, but... in the words of Lavar Burton..
You Don't Have To Take My Word For It!
Circuit Train in the Hart Gym
I discovered the circuit training area this semester (Thank you Hannah, Jenna and Michaela!) You can go do an intense full-body work out in less than a half hour. Prime.

Devotional Usher:
 I loved being an usher. I can't even really explain why. You get to devo early and get to listen to the musical number performers warm up. You get to see a million people that you know and love but wouldn't see otherwise. You get to meet new people and get asked out on dates by people you've never talked to before ;) You get first pick of any seat in the BYU-I center. You get to have a banquet at the end of the semester. You get to feel good about yourself for volunteering for a great cause. I love this and will do any and all other semesters I'm in Rexburg.
Homestead at least twice a month: 

 I feel like I'm beating a dead horse when it comes to this topic, but I can't say it enough. If you want to be happy and make someone else happy, GO TO THE HOMESTEAD. Just go. The hardest part is committing to going. I know we all have good intentions, but seriously...just do it. Make a plan and stick to it. It will be an hour out of your week that I guarantee you won't regret.


Weekly Temple Trip:The temple is so close. The blessings, peace and comfort that come from attending it are mind blowing. 

Magnify Your Calling: 
I learned this one this semester when I went from Relief Society President to Greeter. It doesn't matter what you are, just be a great one.

Customer Service Job


Get a job on campus where you help people. You meet people. For the AwkwardAwesome: Work Edition... go here.

Make Eye Contact and Smile at everyone you possibly can
What've you got to lose? For more on this.. go here.

If family is close by, take advantage of it
You're going to have them for forever, start getting to know and serving them now. Strengthen those relationships. Family Dinner November 2011

Get to know a man named Vince
He works in AV Productions. Just get to know him ok?

Be on Food Services SBOD
Of all my extracurricular/volunteer activities, this has been one of my favorites. Free Food? Ok!


Be involved in a sport. 
Any sport. Any league. Any aspect of the sport.

Make time to be in the I-center at least once a day.
 I'm going to miss this building so much. It holds the memories of some of my weakest moments and greatest successes.

Find out which Zumba teacher you like, and go every week.
Zumba is so fun. Take your roommates and go. You'll feel a lot less guilty about those 12 tubs of ice cream in your freezer :)

Serve your roommates.
It's great to serve random people, but serve, serve, serve your roommates.

Make at least one close friend in every single class you're in.
This always gave me that extra bit of motivation to actually go to class each day. It helped me look forward to class and if you do have to miss, you have a friend who'll let you know what you missed.

Get to know your Professors. 
This is crucial. These people are smart. They know people in high places. Let them get to know you.

Go to Nashville Nights and the Best Of show
Ok, why did I not go to Nashville Nights? A bunch of adorable cowboy wearing cowboy hats and boots while serenading us to "Crazy Girl", "Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not?" and more.. sign me up! The Best Of show is legit. I loved it.

Go Sledding at least once a week.
:) 
Hope this helps! Take care of my dear BYU-Idaho while I'm away!
 

Love, Noelle

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...