Friday, January 27, 2012

Talking To Myself


I must send out a formal apology to anyone and everyone who has had  an informal conversation with me on the phone at any point in my life. Allow me to explain why.

Meet Beebs: 
Quite Possibly the Coolest Cat I know!
Beebs is the baby of the family. She’s 13 and not spoiled in anyother way besides love. We all just can’t get enough of this girl. Except however, when she answers the phone. 
Whenever I call home, or even my mom’s cell phone, I have an 85% chance of having Beebs answer the phone. Which is fine and what not, I love hearing whats going on in Beebs’ life… but… .here’s the thing. Beebs is the same kind of story teller as myself. It takes us F…O…..R….E…V…..E….R.. to try and recount a story over the phone.

“Oh wait I forgot..”, “Anyway,” “Wait, where was I going with this..” or “Hold on let me try and remember..”. We stink at story telling and it’s just amplified over the phone. 

I’ve known this fun little fact about myself for quite some. I tell stories all jumbled up in the wrong order and insert meaningless details, while forgetting important ones. However, i had never talked to myself on the phone before, so I had no idea how frustrating or annoying it could be to talk to me. Until one day… when I called Home and Beebs answered the phone. It had been an eventful day in the Rust home and I wasn’t able to be apart of it so I was dying to hear all about what happened in my absence. 

Beebs of course answers the phone. I urgently begged her to go through a play by play of the evening for me. After about 15 minutes of  “Oh wait I forgot..”, “Anyway,” “Wait, where was I going with this..” and “Hold on let me try and remember..”, I had to end the madness. i told her to have mom  call me back when she had a chance.

As soon as I answered the phone call from my mom, I blurted out, “Oh my goodness Mom, I am so sorry that you have to listen to me talk on the phone all the time. I now know exactly how it feels to talk to someone just like me. It's awful!”

So, again, I'd like to extend my deepest apology along with the promise that I shall try to improve!
Love, Noelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...