Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Emily and Noelle- Emilio and Nole'-Em and Elle


Chances are, that if you know me, you know Emily. And if you know Emily, you probably know me.
Sisters? Nope
Best Friends since Kindergarten? No

So when did this beautiful friendship take flight?
Right about the time this couch made its way into this truck.


Emily moved to the valley in 7th grade. Living in the small town that we do, I met Emily right away and even had a few classes together.
We considered each other as friends, but we both had our separate groups of close friends. It wasn't until Homecoming week 2007 that we became best friends.

It was the weirdest thing, we spent an hour or two together before the Movie on the Field and from that point on we were inseparable!


We went to EFY together right before our senior year and that sealed the deal for us.
Best friends for life.
Senior year was incredible, we literally spent everyday together and loved every minute of it.
After high school, despite many warnings of "Don't go to college and room with your best friend, you'll end up hating them!" , we did it anyways.
We roomed together our entire freshman year. 3 semesters in a row.
Arguing: Never
Cat fights: Of course not!
Stayed up til 4 am on school nights talking, laughing and crying: Too many times to count
We grew closer than close.

I truly do love her like a sister.

On August 14, 2010 she married the love of her life in the St. George temple. She looked gorgeous and I felt like I had never loved her more than I did on that day.
As happy as weddings are, I admit that I spent the last hour of the reception trying (and failing) to fight back the tears as the reality that my Emily was moving on with out me sunk in.
In two weeks, I will go to college for the very first time without her by my side.
I know right?
Scary stuff, but I'll be fine.
If something did have to separate us, I'm so, so happy that it is because of something as wonderful as marriage.
I sure will miss her, but my oh my, how I love her.
"She's a greaaa girl :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...