Friday, August 27, 2010

Another old post

Here's another post from my old and no longer running blog, enjoy!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010


Prelude: Something that serves as an introduction to an even more important work of art

So I figured I'd take a second and explain the title of my blog (A Prelude to My Own Fairytale)(because quite frankly I think it's clever and adorable and I love it very much). It is the very first line of a song called "Hot Air Balloon" by the band Owl City. I think it perfectly describes the stage of life I am in right now.
All around me, at this notorious "BYU-I DO" people are getting engaged and married right and left. It's spring time too. Let the twitterpation begin. Love<3 is in the air and it shows by the flocks of beaming, hand-holding couples that stroll up and down the pathways, whispering sweet nothings into each others ears and gazing into each others eyes. Kind of sickening right? No. It's adorable and I love it. These people are all living their fairytales.
I look at my lovely dear roommate and best friend Emily, who truly is a princess who has already found her knight in shining armor and is just counting down the days until she can be sealed for eternity to him in a glorious, white castle.


Now, as everyone around me has gotten engaged and married during this beautiful spring season, what stage of my fairytale am I in you ask? Ummm... my boyfriend and I just broke up actually...awkward. Most would look at it as a step back, but it really is a step forward in finding my true love. So no, I don't have any love interests or solid prospects at this point. I am not living a fairytale, not right now at least. In this blog, I am sharing with you (well with myself I suppose, seeing as I still have nary a "friend" on here) the prelude to my fairytale.
The adventures, experiences, and awkward happenings that occur to me that will mold me and shape me to become a princess fit for a happily-ever-after fairytale. This time right now, this "prelude" if you will, is my time to become excellent. It is my time to master the things that I want to work on and chisel away at my flaws. It is my time to make myself a princess worthy of the most righteous, noble, loving and of course gorgeous Prince Charming in all the land.
However, do not be mistaken, I don't want this to be a time wher
e I sckower (I have no idea how to spell that) every nook and cranny of this little Rexburg wonderland for a man who's last name I would like to share.

This is a time where I will grow so close to my Savior and Father in Heaven as I strive to become more and more like them, that I will be able to rely on them to guide me to the man I am to marry. I just must be living worthily so that I might have that guidance in my life.
So thus my story begins. Not my fairytale. Not quite yet at least. But here is the prelude, let it be lovely.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...