Thursday, August 26, 2010

In Remembrance

It's official. My retainers is a goner. I've looked and looked and looked for the past two weeks with nary a sign of the dear thing. How I will miss it. 
The last known picture of me wearing the blessed thing.8/12/2010
It was a hideous creature to say the least. I asked for hot pink with blue polka dots (what I was thinking? I know not). It ended up looking like bubblegum with mold spores. But ugly or not, my retainer fulfilled it's purposes well. 
It was: a fixed or removable device worn in the mouth to hold the teeth in their new position during the adaptive period after straightening appliances have been removed.

On 9/17/2009 I woke up retainerless and eventually found it on the shelves above my bed..in my shoes :(
 I'll admit, I didn't always treat the poor thing right. I'd often wake up in the morning and have to search the entire bedroom to find where it had been thrown to in the middle of the night... but I did love how
straight it kept my teeth.

One time, in Sunday school, we had to say something we were grateful for. I said my retainer. It was the truth. And now it's gone. I mourn the loss greatly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...