Thursday, September 29, 2011

Peru....ok?

You guys. I. am. going. to. Peru.

Wait. What?

I AM GOING TO PERU!
Now to answer the questions that immediately came to your mind upon reading this fantastic statement:

 1.  WHAT???
NO, I do not speak Spanish, and no I'm not crazy! I took 4 years in high school, thanks for making me stick with it Senor Larsen! And then I took Spanish 101 last semester. Sooo I feel like I've learned plenty from a textbook and the only way I'll ever learn more is to get out there and submerge myself into a Spanish culture.



2.When
I'm leaving in January and I'll be back in March or early April. This is during my off-track at school, so it works out perfect. It's so weird to think that I'll be missing a Winter in Rexburg. Winter is always my favorite semester and I have loved spending in them in Rexburg, buuuut I'll be skipping the winter season altogether seeing as it'll be Spring/Summer in Peru.

Kind of sad that I'll be missing out on prime-time sledding season...
3. Where
  We have a few options as to where in Peru we're going. An official decision hasn't been made yet, but I'm leaning towards the jungle/mountainous area :)

4. Who
Abigail Tucker introduced me to this program just about a week ago. She is also off-track in the Winter, so we're doing this together. Thank goodness! I think we'll make a fabulous team, and I'm sooo happy that I'll a bit of home there with me. Not to mention an American who speaks English! YES!

5. Why
  Ahhh where to even begin with this the whys. I feel like there are so many reasons why I am doing this, and reason's that I'm not even sure of yet. But here's a few of the basics: I've finally figured out what I want to do with my life, my career. I've bounced around between a few things here and there, but none of them have ever truly appealed to me. Here's what appeals to me: Humanitarian Work. I've known I've always wanted to work for the church, but I thought that it might be in their Public Relation department, or their Human Resource department. Both would be great, but... eh, great for someone else maybe. I want to work in their Humanitarian Aid department. Too bad BYU-I doesn't offer that as a major :)..so Communications is going to have to get me there, and I think it will.

Cool huh?
Love, Noelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...