Thursday, October 4, 2012

Plate-Licker

You guys, I am the most unclassy person I know! Oh my goodness this is so bad....

So I'm at the most adorable wedding reception. It looked like it came straight out of Pinterest. Seriously so cute.  I was also reunited with Claire Ruth Salmons during this classy reception so it was a double bonus!!

So anyways, I'm sitting there eating the most delicious peach cobbler when a dapper young man of oh... 15 years or so, tells me that he's scouted out all the single groomsmen for me and that he'd be more than happy to put in a good word for me! So he points them out to me and tells me that he's going to make it happen.

Not thinking too much of it, I laugh, he leaves and I continue eating this truly delightful cobbler.
Ten minutes or so later, I'm sitting down with Abigail just having a nice chat. It was almost as if I had completely forgotten that I was at a classy wedding and I felt as if I was chillin' in Peru with Abigail again. I was also wishing so badly that I had more cobbler left on my plate, but trying to be strong and not go get another helping of it. So I had made sure that I had eaten every single crum and without even thinking about it, I brought my plate up to my face and gave it one good lick!

Oh my gosh Noelle. Are we back in preschool?!!?!

The next few seconds happened so fast.

All of a sudden I became extremely aware that I had just subconsciously licked my plate and I hurried to set it down, but not before looking up and seeing that right infront of me was standing every single eligible bachelor present at that wedding. That 15-year-old, true to his word, had convinced them to come talk to me... and this is how they found me...

Needless to say the made a quick left turn right out of there without so much as a hello to the clearly uncontrollable, single, starving student in the blue.

And they were never heard from again.

Oh boy, anyone willing to give me a few lessons in etiquette? Or maybe just, How Not to Repulse Boys 101?

Love, Noelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...