Monday, June 10, 2013

My Turn!

Here's the thing. After four years of living and loving the college/single life, I'm an engaged woman! As in... I'm tying the knot, settling down (whatever that means) and gettin' hitched!
Eric and I the night we got engaged. (May 13th, 2013)

Bachelorette Party for Shae!
I know right? Believe me, it's harder for me to believe than it is for any of you I'm sure. I've had at least over 80% of my roommates get married on me. I've been to countless bridal showers and receptions. I've stayed up to all hours of the night on dozens of occasions listening to my roommates fawn (or complain) over their fiances/in-laws/colors/drama etc.

I've had more engaged roommates than not! Because of that, I've seen the good the bad and the ugly. With each of these experiences, I've promised myself over and over again that I would not be the typical "engaged roommate". The one who is stressed, tired, grumpy, snappy and just a time bomb waiting to go off on the closest breathing thing.

Shae and I on date night!
I remember one roommate in particular, Ms. Shae Cox (Hildreth). She was my room roommate when she was engaged and let me tell you, she was a saint. Times were hard for her and there was a ton going on in her life, but she never took it home with her or let it affect her relationship with her roommates. She was never short with us or rude in the slightest. In fact it was  quite the contrary, she was so kind and generous! I'd never seen anything like it and I'm so grateful for the example she set for me.



So folks, I've got a month and a half left of this engaged thing and you know what? So far I am LOVING it. It's so fun, so exciting and I am SO in love. More on the man in my life later. Until then...

Keep your eyes peeled for an announcement from us!


Love, Noelle

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO glad that you get to have YOUR TURN! I've secretly hoped and wished for it for a long time. hehe. He's one lucky guy!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...